22 Apr Teika
In the summer of ’09 our little Pomeranian, Teika, joined our family at 2.5 years. Right from the start she brought us much joy, brightened our days, and lightened our nights.
With her cute ways she enriched our lives. She may truly be irreplaceable.
- She loved picking her own cherry tomatoes and and she barked at the neighbours asking for theirs.
- She loved exploring under our tall, lengthy cedar hedge.
- Teika delighted in her walks up town being carried in a pet bag usually jumping in while she waited for the stroll to start.
- She enjoyed eating cut up veggies and always lightly tapped her owners’ leg as she chopped them.
- Teika loved to climb on my arm to take a drive around town looking at all we passed by.
- In the evening she would sit on my lap and then trustingly throw herself back on my arm as she awaited her favourite tummy rub.
- Sleeping on her master’s shoulder and hogging the bed were favourite nighttime habits.
- Pirouetting and running up and down the hall when she was happy was a delight to watch.
In her third summer her new style of haircut made her extra appealing. “I thought you were carrying a teddy bear” was often expressed. Many commented on her cuteness. Several said they would love one like her for themselves. Being small throughout her life many thought she was a pup. I called her our “permanent pup”. She always longed to go with us wherever we went.
We truly feel that we have been very fortunate and treated to have to have had her in our life. She has always been very loving and heart-warming. She won the admiration of many and will always forever be in our minds and hearts.