Professional Private Cremation
We care about our clients and their pets, and we understand how difficult it is to lose a loved one. Every effort is made to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible during a very difficult time.
The private cremation service is an individual cremation of your pet. The remains are collected and returned in a scatterbox or urn of your liking, complete with a signed cremation certificate of authenticity with your pets name on it.
Witnessed Private Cremation Service
By appointment between 9am-11am Monday to Saturday, and for an additional $60 you may have the privacy of witnessing the cremation process. You are free to choose how much of the process you are comfortable with viewing, or how long you would like to stay.
Any other private cremations that would normally be performed during that time of day at our facility in one of our other cremation units are temporarily put on hold until the cremation of your pet is completed, allowing you and/or your family members the utmost privacy during that emotional time.
We are a member of the Pet Loss Professionals Alliance and proud to operate within the high level of standards and Code of Ethics of the PLPA and guarantee that the remains returned to you are those of your pet and your pet only.
Okanagan Pet Cremation has always only performed True Private Cremations. We believe that Segregated or Partitioned cremations (where more than one body is present inside the cremation chamber during the cremation process) are NOT considered a True Private Cremation, and it is important to know the difference.
Professional Communal Cremation
We offer a communal cremation service if you do not wish to have your pet’s ashes returned to you.
With a communal cremation service, your pet will be cremated with other pets, and their ashes will be spread at no extra cost over our beautiful scenic meadow overlooking the lake and surrounding mountains of the valley.
Clients are always welcome to return to their pets final resting place and take a stroll around our park-like setting in memoriam of their passed loved one.
Obligations of Membership in PLPA
As a member of the PLPA we recognize that we have special obligations to the pets, families and other businesses that we serve. As guardians of pets in death, we pledge:
- To care for the remains of those entrusted to us with dignity, respect, and professional skill, whether at a clinic, funeral home, crematory or cemetery
- To honor the wishes of the family and to serve all families with respect, understanding and confidentiality
- To protect and preserve all interment sites and relevant historical data entrusted to us
- To be guided by the spirit and letter of all applicable laws and regulations set by governing bodies with jurisdiction over our activities in the ownership, management and operation of a funeral home, crematory, cemetery or related endeavor
- To be an educational resource and guide in standards relating to final pet death care options for our client families as well as our process partners